The increase of cancer cases has grown in the United States, as it has become the most common type of cancer affecting Caucasians. In California, skin cancer in the form of melanoma has led to 800 deaths every year, an average of 75%, as it has been reported that 2 Californians die of skin cancer every day.
Protect Yourself From Harmful UV Rays
The best way to protect yourself from harmful UV is to take care of your skin when you are working or playing outside. Avoid tanning beds as much as possible as you can take this helpful advice on the proper skin cancer prevention.
- Get into the shade: During the hours of 10am to 4pm, the UV rays from the sun are the strongest. Seek out shade to give you a bit of protection
- Wear a hat: Wide-brimmed hats are perfect for these sunny days as the hat completely protects your face, ears and back of the neck. Avoid straw hats that can allow the UV rays to pass through the holes.
- Apply the sunscreen: Apply sunscreen generously to your skin and reapply it every two hours while you are out in the sunlight.
- Loose clothing: To really protect your skin, wear long-sleeved shirts and pants outside when you will be working or playing in direct sunlight.
- Place on sunglasses: UV rays can cause cataracts in the eyes. Choose a pair of sunglasses that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
Rite Medical Clinic Urgent Care Focuses On Patient’s Health
People living in the Pomona area who receive minor injuries or illnesses can seek professional medical care to get them on the path to wellness. Rite Medical Clinic Urgent Care provides the highest quality care whether you are receiving urgent care services or free medical services. For more information, please contact Rite Medical Clinic Urgent Care in the Pomona, California area at 909-620-8500.More